SAMISH ISLAND CAMPGROUND & RETREAT CENTER
We are compelled to nurture sacred space and sustain natural beauty with functional simplicity, for those seeking peace, joy, faith and enlightenment, inspiring community and service
About the Campground
Samish Island Campground & Retreat Center (est. 1959) operated by the Community of Christ is located near Bow, Washington in the Samish River delta of Skagit County. The 80+ acres includes open space, forested areas and beaches, offering a unique and serene environment for peace, fellowship and learning in a retreat setting.
The campground and retreat center is available for rent to non-profit groups. Our facilities feature heated cabins for up to 270 guests, ADA accessible 4-plex cabins, a commercial kitchen, banquet seating for up to 200, and a multi-purpose fellowship center with seating for 500.
Samish Island Campground & Retreat Center was established in 1959 when Sig and Tora Freestad gave approximately 82 acres of their property on Samish Island to the church (Community of Christ) for the purpose of building a campground.
Fully equipped and staffed commercial kitchen and banquet seating for 200 people. Multi-purpose room with 2 smaller meeting rooms below dining area. Fireplace and seating area, billiards, ping pong, and Foosball entertainment.
- Upper Floor – 3000 Sq Ft
- Lower Floor – 2200 Sq Ft
MULTI-PURPOSE FELLOWSHIP CENTER/GYMNASIUM
Seats 400-500 theater-style, public address and recording equipment, stage, podium included. Can be converted to a full-size basketball court or volleyball court.
- 6000 Sq Ft
- 45 heated cabins with built-in bunks (4-6 per cabin)
- 4 ADA 4-plex cabins with restrooms (16 total cabins sleeping 2-5 per room)
- 2 dormitory cabins with built-in bunks (20 max. per cabin)
- 19 recreational vehicle spaces with full hook-ups
- Many areas available for tents
- 2 campground style restrooms & showers
- First aid cabin (user provides own nurse, if needed)
- Six classroom cabins including children’s nursery cabin with fenced outdoor play area
- Meditation Labyrinth
- Outdoor gazeebo
- Sports court
- Seven-acre salt water lake (user provides own lifeguard)
- Forest trails/forest gathering space